Wednesday, March 30, 2005

This and That

Well, my bitterness over the Golden Heart lasted a great deal less time than I expected. A big piece of cake for breakfast will do that for you. I don't think I will enter again, not because I feel it an unworthy contest, but the stress of the week before the announcement was more than I cared for. Hopefully it will be a moot point next year. I don't think I will go to Reno, however. I'd like to, but I can't justify the time away from my family. It really sucks, but for me to be gone three nights would be an intense burden on everyone else. Geez, sometimes I really hate my life. My dears, money honestly doesn't buy happiness.

To keep me from jumping off a cliff as I contemplate the annoyances of my life, the weather has been awesome. I took my blue Mustang GT convertible out two days in a row. Hmmm...I love that car.

I've really kicked up my writing this week. I'm doing a BIAM (book in a month) this April and I would like to be at the mid-point of this WIP when I start. To whit, I ended up standing and writing yesterday. I managed to write 4 pages while standing at the kitchen counter.

My damned Linksys Range Expander is not functioning correctly. I upgraded the firmware in my router and it is working better than ever, but not this stupid expander. I've been looking for the reciept to see if I can take it back. I haven't had it that long. Linksys has a three year warranty, so I may have to ship off to them.

Well, I'm going to keep on working on my WIP. I had a glass of wine and feel better now. I'm fixing chicken fried steak for dinner, the family will be thrilled.

3 comments:

Smallman said...

I skim a lot of blogs, and so far yours is in the Top 3 of my list of favorites. I'm going to dive in and try my hand at it, so wish me luck.

It'll be in a totally different area than yours (mine is about creative memory scrapbooking) I know, it sounds strange, but it's like anything, once you learn more about it, it's pretty cool. It's mostly about creative memory scrapbooking related articles and subjects.

Smallman said...

I skim a lot of blogs, and so far yours is in the Top 3 of my list of favorites. I'm going to dive in and try my hand at it, so wish me luck.

It'll be in a totally different area than yours (mine is about scrapbooking quote) I know, it sounds strange, but it's like anything, once you learn more about it, it's pretty cool. It's mostly about scrapbooking quote related articles and subjects.

central vacuum said...

Hi, outstanding blog.
By the way, you should check this out.
There is this awesome website regarding nu tone central vacuum.