Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Easter

I realized Saturday that Easter was this weekend. I'm not a particularly religious person, but it is a holiday where the family gathers together.

We used to go out to one of the hotels for a big champagne brunch, but as the family got larger and the prices got higher, we decided to make brunch an at-home thing. Guess who hosts?

I don't mind hosting, I like to cook and I have the biggest house, so it is logical. But I have so much to do, I wish I had thought of this last week. DH warns me not to do too much and my in laws are telling me not to have as much food as I usually do. Not sure why they care, they aren't the ones doing the cooking. If I want to have a huge spread, I will. I cheat a lot, though. I get the croissants, muffins and danishes at Costco. I will probably get some of those little quiches as well. My mom got a chocolate fountain for Christmas so I'm going to set that up. And then there is the whole Easter Bunny thing.

I still haven't bought candy and I usually get the kids a little present from the Easter Bunny. My mom also gives them Easter baskets as well.

Do any of you have Easter traditions? Or Passover? I know that is occurring this week as well. Do you serve special dishes for Seder or Easter? Anyone have a good recipe for eggs benedict?

In Writing News...

I've signed up for a BIAW this week and so far have a big fat goose egg to show for it. My kids are home this week so I'm having a heck of a time finding the patience and focus required to write.