Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hectic Week!


I couldn't wait for my kids to grow up so I would have more time to myself. HA!!! While babies and toddlers are a lot of work, my time is totally sucked up now that they are older. I do a lot of driving to and fro, picking up, dropping off, running emergency shopping errands, the works.

My daughter's Girl Scout troop had a sleepover at a local campsite. It is amazing how much work must be done for an event which was over in 18 hours. My daughter also had 3 baseball games in five days. Plus a practice. There was also the Great Toy Purge last week when I packed up all the kids' toys from their playroom. So far, it seems to have had no affect. Hmmm.... But it did mean additional car trips to the storage unit. Too much time in the car.

I tend to get mentally overloaded and I kind of shut down. I feel like a bicycle whose lost its chain and the wheels just keep spinning and making no progress. Its taken me a few days to get back into the groove. Oddly enough, it took a trip out of the house to get me back on track. I took a couple of hours yesterday and went shopping. Got my "summer" purses and a new wallet. Made me feel like I'd gotten a new lease on life.

What do you do when you feel like you are out of whack? Do you read? Does writing help? Shopping? Eating? Exercising?

And now that I've posted I can go and visit everyone's blogs. I feel bad if I haven't posted something when I go to blogs, feels like I'm going to a party without at least a decent bottle of wine. Its not necessary, but it seems like the proper thing to do.

No comments: