Thursday, September 08, 2005

Ninja Butter

I should have known when the carseat broke yesterday morning what kind of day it was going to be.

Allison’s carseat broke when I put her back in the car after taking the kids to class.  I was so ticked.  I already dislike the carseat, this kicked it up to fatal loathing.

But not being a superstitious kind of gal, I didn’t take it as any kind of omen.  

I had the brilliant idea of cooking a turkey.  Yep, a Butterball turkey.  The grocery store had them on sale, so I thought it might be a nice change of pace.  So I put it into the oven and decided to print out my full.  Set the printer to print, did my other tasks, came back and added more paper, then went back to working on dinner.  I came back to check on my ms only to find it covering my floor like snow.  I had neglected to remove the first 200 pages off the printer and it couldn’t hold all 401, so it gave up and drop kicked my ms like a soccer ball.  I got to spend another 45 minutes putting the damned thing back into order.  

Still, saw no evil eye or bad luck.

Turkey’s cooking fine.  Gotta have mashed potatoes to go with the turkey.  So I made mashed potatoes.  I put the potatoes in the Kitchen Aid and fired it up.  I decided it needed a little butter, so I took a stick out of the freezer and plopped it into my mixer which was running at the speed of light.  HOLY CRAP!!!  That stick of butter, instead of melting into creamy buttery goodness, flew out of the mixer with the force of a comet and slammed into my head.  I swear, I had a big red splotch on my head where it hit.  It brought a bunch of potatoes with it.  I’m still cleaning up mashed potatoes.  I guess it could have been worse.  Could you imagine if I had been injured enough to go to the doctor?  Yes sir, I was assaulted by butter.