Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Website?

I've been pondering whether I should have my own website. A friend of mine has offered me free space as a subdomain to her site, so I don't have to worry about the cost and I'm sufficient enough on html to make a website on my own. But what would I put on it?

Plenty of unpublished writers have their own sites and most of them are full of interesting stuff. What would I put on mine? I know I could do a page of links, a page of writing articles and tips for writers, but what else? For those of you with websites, when you decided to have one, what was the reasons for it? What function did you want your site to play? Has it helped?

Did anyone notice that Blogrolling was down yesterday? I almost had a heart attack. After resisting using it for so long, I am now totally dependent on it. I saved a back up file on my PC when it came back up. I had no idea how dependent I had become on it. I use my blogroll everyday to visit my sites. I went crazy yesterday because I hadn't gone through my entire roll yet.

Directv added Sleuth to the channel line up. It is the crime drama channel. They already have the "A-Team" playing, if they would only add "Banacek" and "Quincy," my life would be complete.

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday whining about writing. Amazingly enough, I still found time to write hammered out over 4 pages on a new WIP. I really need to stick with something. I have 3 WIPs now that I feel connected to, so now it is time to focus.