Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Enough is Enough is Enough

I woke up at 4 a.m. to hear my a/c click on. I thought it was ridiculous until I went outside 90 minutes later to get the papers. Sure enough, it was already hot and mugging. I'm used to the heat being in the 90's. I can live with that, but we've been in the 100's for damn near a week. I'm so tired of it. Plus, we have humidity. HELLO!!! This is the desert, not the Everglades. As you can tell, its playing on my mood. We are running out of food because I don't want to venture out into the heat just to go to the store. Plus the fact I have to cart my three whiny kids with me. Cleans out the freezer, I guess. And I don't want to think about the power bill. We expect to crack 4 digits this month. This is, of course, helped by So.Cal. Edison's rate increase. Yes, they announced another increase last week. This makes 4 increases in 2006. What really frosts my cake is the fact we have shown a 20% decrease in our power usage every year and are rewarded by ever-increasing power rates. Dollars to donuts the power company will show record profits at the end of the next quarter. We are seriously considering installing solar. It hasn't been a big consideration because it is so costly to install, but at the rate we are going with the electric company, the issue seems to be moot.

On the bright side...I haven't filled my gas tank for a couple of weeks.

Anyway, I've been writing but I think I'm bumping my creative rev limiter. I figure I've written close to 40 pages over the last three weeks and I'm feeling the strain. I get restless. I went back to working on my recipes last night and got a bunch done. But looking at some of them, I had to wonder what the hell I was thinking. Unsurprisingly, the biggest pile is desserts. Geeze Louise, if its got vanilla, sugar and cream cheese in it, I cut it out. Right now I'm going through the endless clippings and sorting them. Once that's done, I'm not sure how I'm going to proceed.

Well, I'm blathering. Probably the lack of Diet Coke in my system. I'm trying to cut back and increase my water intake, obviously my system is discombobulated.

I'll talk more about the blog carnival later this week. I'm thinking maybe a mid-August date?