Monday, November 06, 2006

Pain in the Pinkies

I'm knocking on 10K words for Nano so far and my hands are paying for it. Actually, it is just my pinky fingers. They hurt. About 30 years ago I broke both of them. My friends and I had gone Christmas caroling and I tripped. In trying to save whatever sweet treat I had in my hands, I landed on both pinkies. I didn't realize it at the time but I had broken them. Up until now the breaks haven't meant much except something to show off at parties. They healed so fast when I was a kid, I doubt there was much they could have done and as I said, they didn't give me much grief. Until now.

I'm a typist. I touch type so my fingers are generally in the correct position. My wrists probably aren't because I'm lazy but they don't get bothered. I noticed this weekend my pinkies are really sore. They're fine while I'm typing, but afterwards they hurt. I suspect there is some arthritis in there and hence the aching. It isn't slowing me down (I have kids for that) but I certainly feel it at the end of the day.

Weekends are not good writing days. Too much to do. Even when I have a block of time, the constant interruptions put a crimp in my production. So I spent the weekend doing stuff to keep my week light: housecleaning, cooking with the intention of having leftovers, laundry, etc. I'm hoping this week will be a big production week.

Which leads me to the last tidbit for this post. I'm going to be pretty scarce over the next couple of weeks. I've gotten myself into a jam and I will need to spend some time getting out of it. Don't worry, nothing bad or dire, just a little overwhelming. I will tell you all about it at the end of the month. I probably won't post much but I will try to go through the blogroll. A lot of times I do visit without commenting (Gypsy, I can't comment on your blog right now, tried 3 times yesterday. Its not you, its me and the problem will clear up when I re-boot). So if you don't see anything from me for the next couple of weeks, I'm alive, just swamped.

No comments: