Monday, November 20, 2006

Partied Out

It was party central here at the ol' ranch this weekend. Diva turned 7 on Thursday and Thing turned 4 yesterday. Here's Diva getting her ears pierced for a birthday present. Thing got in on the action as well. I wasn't planning on her getting hers done, but she insisted. I figure the pain of the piercing would pale compared to the pain of the temper tantrum I'd experience. Neither one cried. Diva has way too much pride for that. Thing started to cry until she looked in the mirror. As soon as she saw her ears, she was thrilled.
Yesterday was Diva's party. We counted somewhere around 23 kids at the house. It was total chaos. There were kids everywhere. Nothing was broken and they didn't make as big of a mess as you might think. Afterwards, we had a small family party for Thing.

All in all, it was a pretty successful day. My fingers hurt from undoing the twisty things toy manufacturers insist on using in packaging the toys. I'm way behind on Nano so today is going to be a writing day. I'm too tired to do much else and I have to wait until the garbage pickup has come in order to finish clean up. We filled all the trash and recycling plus put some stuff in my neighbor's cans. At least I'm done with festivities, at least until Wednesday when it's time to get ready for Thanksgiving.

No comments: