Monday, February 26, 2007

The "I's" Have it

No, the two guys to the left have nothing to do with this post, but they happened to have been the best part of the Oscars, in my opinion. Anytime you have Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig in the same room, both in tuxedos, is a good thing.


When I started writing I was told to avoid writing in first person POV. It was tough and a hard sell. That was what I was told. So I never tried it. Now I can't seem to write in third person and its bugging me. I like both styles, but right now, the 1st person flows so much easier. My first attempt at 1st person was the book my agent offered representation on. Now I feel dialed into it. I don't like the thought of not being able to do both.

Does anyone else have this problem? I know there are authors that can write and publish using both styles. If you do both, what tips do you have? Do you have any strategies that helps you switch smoothly between them?

No comments: