Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Lady Vanishes

Nothing too dramatic to account for my disappearance. I've been sick most of this month. Just a cold that grew into something worse. With three kids, work and all the other stuff, I didn't get the opportunity to convalesce at all. Anyway, this is the first week where I've actually felt human.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment. There always seems so much to do. And instead of diving in and getting it done, I sit almost catatonic and play video games instead. I know most of that is due to pounding sinuses and nights spent hacking up a lung, but it can be crushing. I didn't realize how much I would miss those four hours a day I had at home that I now spend at the office. I certainly didn't appreciate it when I had it. Isn't that how it is in life? We don't have the wisdom to appreciate what we have until we lose it.

I actually like work. I'm not sure why, it is kind of dull work, but it isn't housecleaning. At first it was difficult to get into the swing of things, but now I find it kind of relaxing. And it doesn't involve my kids.

Oh, for Valentine's Day I did get these:

They are pink fresh water pearls. I love pearls, I think they are so elegant. I wear them all the time, particularly when I clean house. Gives me that June Cleever feeling.

No comments: