Monday, November 22, 2010

Today of All Days....

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't updated this blog in....oh, almost a year.

I wish I could say it was because of the glam busy life I've been experiencing or that I've written that bestselling novel or that I won the Lotto and took a trip around the world.

Nope.

The only really exciting thing I can say is that I got a new cell phone. A Droid. I have formally adopted it and changed my will to give it sole inheritance rights.

So why in the world would I just drop off the face of the earth? Because after so many years of maintaining this blog I ran out of stuff to say. I had nothing of value to add to the blogging world. I stopped writing and I really didn't want this to become a place where I bitched about the crappy things going on in my world. I've always tried to keep the tone of this blog upbeat and when every post I started was negative...well, I knew it was time to give it a rest.

I missed it and I missed all of you, but honestly, I needed a break. A total break. I toyed with the idea of deleting this blog altogether, but believe or not a couple of posts still get hits regularly. That and I knew I would regret it. My impulses have led me into regrettable situations so I try to thing long and hard before I make a move.

I'm still not writing and it makes me sad, but I'm hoping this desire to return to my blog will re- spark my need to write. I think it will.

Maybe this was the wrong week to restart my blog considering its Thanksgiving and my to do list is a mile long. But it is also the time of the year I seemed most mentally engaged.

Anyway, can't think of a good ending here, just glad to be able to put thoughts into words.

No comments: