Monday, November 13, 2006

Why I Drink Part 4

Remember in the movie "Airplane" when Lloyd Bridges' character kept saying "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit...." And he'd pick some addiction and they got worse each time he said it? That quote always runs through my head when I've had a bad week and last week qualified. Something happened at hubby's work which created a huge problem for us. I spent two days trying to help sort it out. Nothing which is going to make us fall apart but royal pain in the butt. Anyway, in the midst of this, Thing and I were out shopping. I stopped by the reptile store and picked up some crickets to feed to the toads at school. Thing loves to hold the bag so I let her. Y'all know where this is going. At the stop light on our way to school, Thing suddenly screams and bawls. I look in the rear view mirror and there she is, waving the popped bag of crickets around. I managed to catch six but the other 19 were loose in the car. They could still be in there, I don't know, haven't seen them.

It really cracked into my writing but I made up for it on Sunday so I'm back on track. Hope everyone else is having a productive month.

No comments: