Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Waiting for the phone to ring

Everyday, I pray for my phone to ring or the magic email to arrive from an agent saying they like my book. It hasn't happened. Nothing has happened. It has been over 14 weeks since I mailed out my first two full manuscripts. I didn't think much about it for the first couple of months, but as I knock on 4 months, I can't help but feel resignation. I feel like I'm in a time vacuum and I'm afraid to take a deep breath. To make my myself feel better, I sent out more queries. One requested a full. While that's a great thing, I made me feel like I was going on another roller coaster.

Then there is the analyzing. Is it taking so long because they are interested? Is it a bad sign? You feel like you are reading tea leaves in the bottom of your cup. I haven't had my tarot cards read for awhile, maybe I should check'em.

No comments: