Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Whew!

Here is Allison modeling one of her birthday gifts. Birthday week is over thank goodness. I only had one major meltdown. Everything went smoothly. The biggest glitch was on Saturday when I was at the soccer party and I fell, landing on my knee. I was in pain for most of the weekend but the knee feels okay now, so it wasn't anything serious. The party turned out really cute and everyone had a great time. Bouncers are definitely worth the money.

I'm posting about the field trip I took with Katie's class over at the Age of Enlightenment blog. Suffice it to say it was fun and the kids had a great time. I brought home a 5 pound apple pie for a souvenir.

I think the most significant thing I realized, however, is how much I missed blogging and reading blogs. Talk about feeling out of the loop. I haven't had a chance to do more than glance at my email for the last few days. My habit of starting my morning with coffee and blogs is so ingrained, I can't believe how much I missed it. Of course the writing bug hit too but I just didn't have time to dive into it. I did manage to get my RWA renewal in, so I'm back in their good graces.

Well, I'm off to begin catching up on everyone's news. Thanks for stopping by and wishing the little princess "Happy Birthday." If I posted her picture on my blog everyday, she'd be thrilled. Girl's got an ego the size of Texas.