Wednesday, January 31, 2007


Thirteen Things I Can't Believe I Ever Lived Without


Yeah, I'm going to be showing just how old and decrepit I am.

1. Diet Coke. Yes, there were Dark Times when Tab and Diet Rite were the only diet sodas available. I try not to think of it too much.
2. Starbucks. I know, it seems passe to wax poetic about the caffeinated monster, but I really love Starbucks.
3. PC's. College would have been so much easier with a PC or a laptop. The really rich kids had Macintoshes and Radioshack had the TRS-80's, but they weren't common.
4. The Internet. I don't think I need to elaborate.
5. T.V. with remote controls. I remember having to get up and change the dial on the old Zenith.
6. iPod. I've had two in less than two years and I think it has permanently attached itself to my arm.
7. Microwave oven. Once upon time, I had to make popcorn on the stove top.
8. DirecTv. My town has cable, in name only. Love my satellite.
9. Tivo. Whoever invented this should get a Nobel Prize. I used to cut off the end of "The Sopranos" every time it was on, causing a minor war in the household.
10. Advil Gelcaps. If you haven't tried these, you gotta. They work fast and don't upset your stomach.
11. Costco. I actually need to buy 100 rolls of toilet paper at a time.
12. Oxyclean. If you have kids, you need this, particularly if you have a baby.
13. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It gets crayon marks off from the wall.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




No comments: