Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Christmas in July

One of my favorite summer traditions is the clearance sales at Target. In July, they go through and clearance tons and tons of stuff. Not just the summer stuff either. They clearance a bunch of the toys: Barbies, My Little Pony, Fisher-Price, all that kind of stuff. They had their hoochie-mama dress up stuff on clearance so I got some of it for my daughter. I pack it up and save it for her birthday (November) and Christmas. The only potential problem I find is I forget what I bought. My MIL still has a closet full of My Little Ponies because I forgot them last year. Still, it's a good deal.

Katie asked to get her ears pierced. I don't have a problem with that except I worry she won't keep the earrings in the requisite amount of time and she will end up with infections. Also, she can't wear earrings in soccer. So we decided she can get her ears pierced for her birthday when she turns six. She also wants to dye her hair pink. Her dad gave the okay. Hmmm.... Anyway, I picked up to dyes at Target. One will streak her hair fuschia. It has peroxide in it, so it means its going to be there for awhile. The other is a color that will last 8-10 shampoos, but it isn't as vivid. Not sure what to do. I'll probably go with the latter. Her hair doesn't grow real fast and I would hate to see her stuck with a color she didn't like for a long time. But she is girl of strong self-expression, so we shall see.

7 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

You're a stronger mom than me. I would have said "absolutely NOT" if my daughter wanted her hair dyed pink. ;-)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you do your shopping now. LOL I can see how you might forget what you bought by the time November/December rolls around :)

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Wow, cool background, Rene! Yep, we mommies love the clearance section. ;D Good luck with the hair experiment!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Melissa--I wouldn't allow my daughter to dye her hair. 'Cuz I'm MEAN. :)

The Target sale sounds great! Must check that out.

Crystal* said...

I love the background, too!

And sale? *blinking* Oh man! I love that word. I know it's hard to have a birthday so close to Christmas. My three girls' birthdays are in October. It's a crunch!
Sounds like you've got the master plan, and I think it is excellent you're letting her dye her hair. We use the temporary stuff sometimes during the summer. It's something she'll always remember.
Grins*

Anonymous said...

Oooh, that sounds fun! Do we get pictures? :)

Anonymous said...

I vote for the dye that can wash out, LOL!