Sunday, February 26, 2006

Her Name Is Apple

My 6 year old has declared that she has changed her little sister's name to Apple. Why, I don't know, but she is getting the kid to answer to the name. I dread when my daughter has kids of her own. Does this mean she is destined for celebrity? Will she develop a faux British accent, marry a rock star and move to London? She also told her father he should love her more than he loves me because she is cuter. Oh yeah, this girl is Hollywood-bound.


In writing...

I've spent a bulk of the morning researching governesses. Or actually trying to research governesses in 18th century England. Plenty of stuff on Victorian governesses but the 18th century is sadly lacking in research. I'm sure they existed, but finding the info isn't easy. Also, there is a level in research goes deep, meaning some of the materials are truly geared towards the academic and while I'm sure I could find some more information, I have to wonder if it is worth it. There's a reason I didn't continue on to graduate school. While I enjoy research, I don't have the time. So at this point I'm going to go with the knowledge I have and my understanding of society at the time and uh, go with my instinct. Anyway, to that end, I posted on Ainsley Park about historical accuracy and what other readers thought.