Saturday, February 25, 2006

Kicked into Overdrive

So I worked on a new WIP yesterday while kid vid played in the background. Yes, it did happen to be that annoying pseudo-Holly Hobby movie. Anyway, by the time the day ended, I'd written 2500 words. When I told Melissa I had started my WIP over again, I didn't need to see her to know she was probably rolling her eyes. She suggested that maybe I should put the historical aside for now and go with another genre. But I'm a glutton for punishment (why else would I have three kids?) and gave it another try. This time it stuck. Funny, I can see pieces from my other false starts in this one, so none of those earlier efforts were wasted.

It is a good feeling I have to admit.

Oh yeah, I posted on Search for the Good Life about the importance of eating breakfast when you are trying to lose weight.