Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions

If this statement is true, I'm truly damned.

After setting all sorts of goals for the new year, I've missed every one of them. I know it is only February, but if I don't catch myself now, it will be another year with little accomplished.

I mentioned this to Melissa and she said she doesn't make resolutions. She makes goals for the year and checks on the 15th of every month to see where she is on those goals. That seems like a pretty good idea to me. I think I need to pull out my pretty desk calendar and make myself look at it each and every day. Whether I actually do anything or not, I need to at least see time in a concrete way. Looking at the days passing will make me more aware of what I wanted to accomplish. I think my goals for this year were too vague.

How about everyone else? How did your goals progress the first month of the year?