Friday, December 15, 2006

Party Animal

I went to a holiday party last night. It was held at a place called Joe's Garage. Not bad a place, but the party was disappointing. The food was mediocre and the band was marginal. They had gambling tables and an open bar. I thought I was looking forward to it, but once we got there, I found it dull. I didn't know anyone there, the party was held by a company hubby has done work with. They host it for their employees and the few outsiders they consider important to their business. Anyway, I don't enjoy gambling unless there is real money involved. Even if it's nickel, dime, quarter poker, I enjoy it. When it's meaningless chips, I get bored quickly. This was weird: they had a mashed potato bar. I'm not kidding. There was a chafing dish of mashed potatoes with several kinds of gravy, tiny bits of chicken, sour cream and cheese. You could scoop your potatoes into a champagne glass and top it with what you chose. Ummm....I passed. They had a carving station with roast beef, but I think it was actually pot roast. Not bad, but still. They did have cheesecake which is always a plus.

Anyway, the point of this post is my realization that they could have had all my favorite foods and I still wouldn't have enjoyed myself because I don't like socializing. How weird is that? Even friends' parties wear on my nerves. I wasn't always like this. I was a good time girl back in college, but now, I'd rather sit at home and watch t.v. or read. I don't know why I've changed so much, but there you go. How about you? Have you gotten more social as you've gotten older or less so?


One More Little Thing....

I was offered representation by an agent this morning. I've taken it calmly (YEAH, RIGHT). This was my latest ms that I just finished polishing. She read it one night, couldn't put it down until she finished it.

No comments: