Thursday, May 05, 2005

Husband...Free to Good Home

Oh heck, it doesn't have to be a good home.

Hubby cannot leave a car alone. He can't not modify something on a vehicle. All of my cars have new exhaust systems. One has a supercharger. I think three of them have new computer chips to up the horsepower. He decides my big red tank needs a new air intake and air filter (more horsepower) and a brushguard. I need a brushguard to navigate through the wilderness that is my southern California suburb. Never know when a Caltrans cone is going to leap into the middle of a street. It's good to have the front of my moosemobile protected. Grrr...

So he spends 3 hours working on getting the brushguard on the front of the car only to realize it's the wrong part. So the car is disassembled and I can't drive it. I have two other cars to choose from (5 cars, 2 licensed drivers), but it is raining and I want my SUV.

But at least after the struggle he came in and spent some quality time with me. Oh wait, maybe he came in, ate dinner, flopped on the couch, read the newspapers and fell asleep in front of the ball game.

I had a rough day with my kids yesterday. The only adult I had talked to all day was my friend Melissa and that is only be cause we both use MSN Messenger, so technically, I didn't actually "talk" with her.

And he couldn't understand why I was so crabby. I explained it to him, but I could see his jaw slacken and his eyes glaze over.

Can someone please remind me why I am writing romance?

2 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

You want my husband to talk to your husband? :-) LOL

Anonymous said...

Males can't help it. They start a project which leads to something else, then something else, and they need another part and go to the hardware store or auto store...and it never ends.

We write romance because the males in our romances aren't like that. Well, sometimes they are...