Saturday, December 10, 2005

The Big Winner

The big winner for the Jongleurs Dance CD is Kacey!  Email me your address and I’ll get it out the door on Monday.

Kacey asked me what my favorite of his discs is.  I think my favorite is Celtic Cross.  The music is a sampling of Celtic styles from not just the British Isles and Ireland but also other spots in Europe.  I have some new CD’s of his I haven’t listened to because it is Christmas and that is pretty much all I listen to this time of year.  I really like A Christmas Gift.  The first half of the CD is traditional Christmas songs the second half is Renaissance.

I’m a sucker for the New Agey Christmas music.  I’ve got a few Manheim Steamroller and Windham Hill albums as well as Narada.  I grew up on all the traditional Christmas music like Bing Crosby and the like.  I think I burned out on them.  

What about you?  Do you have any particular styles or performers you like this time of year?  Confess, do you listen to Christmas music when it isn’t Christmas?

For you who don’t celebrate Christmas, do you have “seasonal” music?  I know I have my “winter music” and “summer music.”  Does the weather influence your musical choices?