Saturday, December 03, 2005

Music to Write by

I'm not one that usually requires music to write with, but sometimes, I find music inspires me. Not because it evokes emotion, but because its rhythms and sounds jumpstart my brain. Usually Baroque composers like Bach and Vivaldi fit the prescription. But sometimes I need something a little different, after you've heard "The Four Seasons" and the "Brandenburg Concertos" eight gazillion times, you need a change! I started listening to Celtic-inspired music, Renaissance and Medieval as well. Anyway, I've discovered a musician who sells his cd's at holiday gift fairs and shows. Richard Searles does a lot of old music. He told me he does quite a bit of research at the music library at UCLA looking for the oldest tunes. I think I have most of his cd's. My mom and I are both fans except my mother keeps buying duplicates of cd's she already has. She bought Jongleur's Dance then got home and realized she already had it. So she gave it to me. I already have it as well, so I thought I would give it away. If you are interested, comment and tell me so. I'll draw a name on Friday. Only one entry per person.