Monday, July 24, 2006

What's a Blog Carnival?

A blog carnival is basically a collection of articles or blog posts submitted by different bloggers on a particular theme.  They can be very detailed or pretty general.  One blog keeps the collection of links, adding editorial comments to segue into each link.  If I’m hosting the carnival on romance writing, you would forward me your link for your fantabulous post you’ve written on an aspect of romance writing.  For the carnival, I would organize the links and present it in a post.  If I hosted it on this blog, I’d probably keep it the top post for a week or so.

Other people can host the carnival and the theme can be the same or more detailed, it’s up to the host that time around.  How often the carnival happens is also up to those who want to host, maybe once a month or so.  Blog Carnival has a listing of carnivals if you want to take a look and get a better idea of what they are.

I hope that answered your questions.  If you are interested, let me know.  I’m thinking for our first carnival we should keep it pretty general.  Also, we need a really cool name, so if you think of one, pass it on.