Monday, January 22, 2007

Don't You Love Mondays?

I do.

I can feel the pelting of rotten food on me now.

I've always liked Mondays, even when I was working. It is a mini New Year's for me, a fresh start, a new dawn to work on my goals. I also get to see my kids go off to school and my husband go off to work. I did some writing this weekend and it was frustrating. Ever trying writing with someone yelling at a football game? Or pausing the tivo and insisting you watch that play one more time?

Anyway, I feel a bit more clear headed on Mondays. I try to pick a goal or project to work on. This week is to stay on schedule. I'm pretty flighty. I flit about from one thing to another, rarely accomplishing all that I want. As much as I despise it, I pretty much need every hour of the day planned. Not a lot of fun, but then it seems to be the way I can get the most done. Makes me happier in the end.

How about you? Do you find Mondays an absolute drain or a new dawning? Do you do better with more structure in your life or are you natural organized?

No comments: